Together with my husband Kirill Sukhomlin we’re developing http://www.tubequizard.com/, a free tool that generates listening decoding quizzes based on subtitled Youtube videos. Below I’ll post tutorials and links to the posts related to this tool.
Below is a tutorial that explains
(1) how to use quizzes on tubequizard.com
(2) how to create your own quizzes based on any subtitled YouTube video
(3) how to look for YouTube videos that contain high quality subtitles (i.e. subtitles that were not automatically generated).
Posts outlining ideas how to use TubeQuizard:
- Receptive grammar practice using TubeQuizard
- TED talks for autonomous listening: ten activities (one of ten other activities)\
- Slides from by BESIG workshop on using YouTube as a corpus of spoken English